Thursday 13 August 2015

A Special Birthday Gift

It was my birthday this past Saturday.  I received lots of lovely messages from friends and family near and far, but it wasn't a great day.

My son gave me the flu for my birthday.

I spent most of the day on the couch, oscillating between freezing, covered with blankets, and sweating up a storm, opening all the doors and windows and turning on the fans.

But it wasn't all bad.

I received lovely gifts from my mum, best friend, and mother-in-law, and I bought myself some cheery daffodils with money given by the Big Fella's Oma.

I got to sit and chat with my Fellas, and they looked after me really well throughout the day.

Strictly speaking, the Big Fella didn't give me a birthday gift.  I'd told him weeks before that I couldn't think of anything I wanted other than to spend some time with him and our Little Big Fella.

But he did kind of give me a house on my birthday!  Yes, after thirteen and a half years of marriage, the Big Fella and I finally signed a contract for a three bedroom, single storey home in the next town (where I work and the Little Big Fella goes to school).  It is in lovely condition and has obviously been well looked after by the retiring owners.

It has a big three bay shed, as well as a double drive-through carport, an in-ground pool, and a large outdoor entertaining area.

We've been imagining our totally Australian outdoor lifestyle, and we're not really sure how much the dining room will be used for nine months of the year.

Like I said, the house is in great condition and doesn't need any work done on it.  However, we've got plenty of ideas of how we'd like to improve it when it's ours.

Unfortunately, in the meantime there's a lot of paperwork, packing and cleaning to do!  But we have until the start of October to get it all sorted, and so far the stress levels are quite reasonable.

I've been back and re-read my old moving tips post to remind myself of the things that stressed me out last time.  Thankfully the Big Fella will be taking a much more active role in the process this time than the last two!

The Big Fella has also suggested that we get a cleaner in to do the final clean!!!  Yay!!!!  If you were around on this blog back then, you may remember my horror with windows?  You guessed it!  I'm only going to give them a vacuum and wipe over.  I'm going to let the paid personnel finish them properly!

So, we're excited and looking forward to finally having our own place.  We want to invest in things that contribute to our lifestyle, especially as we're both very much "home bodies".  And the Little Big Fella is so excited about the pool that he started crying the other day because we can't move yet!

Bring on the new adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment